This week’s homework is Creative Homework. Please hand in on Wednesday 13 July.
I can show my learning journey.
This is the final homework of this academic year. It’s an opportunity for your child to reflect on their learning over the year. Their reflections could include:
- what they have learned
- when they learn best
- how they learn something new
- how they know they have learned something new
- how they approach learning something
We look forward to sharing these learning journeys with the children.
Thank you for all your support with homework over the past year.
Don’t forget learning can still happen in the holidays:
- take your children to the park and talk about what they can see, hear and smell;
- take a trip using a bus or train, and take time to look at the timetable (Why is it in the 24 hour clock? How long will the journey last? When will we arrive?)
- enjoy visits to the local library;
- spend time baking (What unit of measurement will we use to weigh? If we want to make twice as much, how much will we need? When will the food be ready?);
- encourage your child to write some postcards to friends and family;
- take a trip to a museum or art gallery.
Research shows that the long summer holidays can mean some children’s learning regresses and they might struggle in the autumn term to keep up. Frequent talk-times, reading, counting and tables practice are so important!