As the year draws to an end, I can honestly say I’ve had a great time teaching Year 5. I’d like to make a special mention of some of the children who have stood out for various reasons.
Firstly, I’d like to congratulate Kai, Bradley Betteridge, Valerie, Bronwen, Izzy and Rene for fantastic progress this year with their maths. They’ve all made well above expected progress and that’s been due to hard work, listening to advice and persevering even when work is tough. Well done guys!
Next, I’d like to say well done to all of the children who have improved a lot with their writing – there are many, so get ready… Zack, Rene, Izzy, Adam, Bronwen, Kiran, George FP, Valerie, Kai and Abdul. As well as these children who have made great progress, I’d also like to mention some children who have worked particularly hard on certain aspects of their writing: Aqsa and Amy for checking their work through, Bradley Burton for his improvement in handwriting and Shoaib for trying really hard to include interesting vocabulary and connectives.
In reading, Cydnee, Omar, Aqsa and Ajay have really improved since the beginning of the year.
Thank you to Lauren, Vikram and Robert for an excellent attitude throughout the year in every lesson. It’s great teaching children who really want to learn.
Some other children have stood out in different ways:
- Sean’s fantastic costume for our chocolate assembly.
- Charlotte, Hasan and Jatinder’s constant cheerfulness. It’s really contageous – keep it up!
- Angel’s maturity, especially during PE lessons. You’re really growing up now!
- George C and Vikram’s sense of humour, despite my face jokes.
- Aleena’s wonderful memory. It’s helped me a lot this year – thanks, Aleena.
- Matthew’s deadly dodgeball throwing arm! The enemy withered under his dominance.
I hope all our class have a great summer and I look forward to seeing you as Year 6s next year!