Reading – Day 3 Answers
- 2cm x 2cm
- plastic tubs
- The show pictures of history and scenes from everyday life using small tiles.
- A repeating pattern is a pattern that repeats – using similar colours or shapes (not a great question)
- Scenes from history and everyday life / animals
- So that you can keep each colour separate so they don’t get mixed up.
- Because they looked nice / to show they could afford decorative things
- So that you know where to put the tiles / to make sure your mosaic is neat
Reading – Day 4
Today, our reading is about Boudicca’s final battle: The Battle of Watling Street. Read the text carefully and answer the following questions.
- Before the start of the battle, why would Boudicca have been confident of winning?
- What slowed down the Celts movement towards the Romans?
- Why has the author included a diagram on page 24?
- What stopped the Celts from getting away from the Romans?
- What does the word rebellion mean? Use a dictionary or the internet to find out if you’re not sure.
- Whereabouts in England did the Battle of Watling Street happen?
Create a glossary of about five key words from the text which children may not know the meaning of?
Maths answers Day 3