This week’s Talk Time poses a moral dilemma and makes links to our current computing topic.
Playing computer games is bad for your health.
We suggest approaching this Talk Time with an open mind. You may already have strong views on this but it’s important to consider both sides of an argument before reaching your conclusions.
Check out these R2s to help you with your discussions at home:
- What are the health benefits of playing computer games?
- Remember that mental health is crucial to being a healthy person.
- How does playing computer games negatively impact on your health?
- How could this impact on your physical health?
- Is gaming always an enjoyable experience?
- Decide which argument is the strongest.
- This might be the side with the most points to back it up.
- You might consider some points to be more important than others.
- You may not agree with people you speak to – that’s okay!
After the discussion with friends and family, what conclusion do you reach? Do others around you agree?