This week’s Talk Time poses an important question that everyone can and should be mindful of:
How can we better look after our planet?
In our current Geography topic, we’re learning about a wide range of spaces and places across the globe. To ensure that future generations can enjoy those environments, it’s important that everyone plays a part in helping to look after our planet.
Whilst some actions may seem very small and potentially unimportant, small changes can lead to big differences. What do you already do to look after our planet? What changes can you make? You could use the following ideas as a starting point for your discussions:
In and around the home:
- Switch off lights when you’re leaving a room for a while.
- Reduce the need to put the heating on by closing doors and putting on an extra layer.
- When something can no longer be used for its purpose, how can you use it for something else?
- Don’t leave TVs, consoles and other electricals on (or on standby) when you’re not using them.
Out in the community:
- Hold on to litter until you can dispose of it correctly.
- Pick up litter and put it in a nearby bin when possible.
- Travel in ways that aren’t harmful to the environment (walk, cycle, scoot etc)
- Take a reusable bottle/cup with you that can be filled up in shops.
We look forward to hearing what creative things you’re going to do to help look after our planet when we have our homework reviews in class next week.