Brownlee Triathlon

Wednesday 18 May 2022

This week, some of our Key Stage 2 children took part in the Brownlee Triathlon. Sadly, this was minus the swimming as the event was running behind due to the wet weather earlier in the day.

‘I found the cycling easy but the running was harder.’ Olivia

‘I found it all really fun.’ Kian

‘I wish I hadn’t sprinted at the beginning because I didn’t realise there was more running!’ Christina

‘I was sad that we didn’t get to swim but still found it lots of fun!’ Edris

All the children behaved impeccably and showed great team spirit.

Thank you to the staff who took the children.

The AJ Bell World Triathlon Championship Series is returning to Leeds for a sixth time on 11-12 June and this year there is a chance for families to get involved.

Swim Bike Run Family – Saturday 11th June
For the first time, families can come and participate together. This is perfect for newcomers, with a 90m dip in the lake followed by a 400m walk/run. All for £10.00 per family and each finisher will receive the WTCS Leeds finishers medal. Adults must participate with the children (age 4 and above) and wetsuits are available to borrow at no additional cost.  Enter here.

Swim Bike Run Kids – Saturday 11th June
We want to help children take their first step into our sport and this is a perfect opportunity, with a 90m dip in the lake followed by a 400m walk/run. This event is for children aged 8-14 years old and it’s £5 to enter. Each finisher will receive the WTCS Leeds finishers medal. Wetsuits are available to borrow at no additional cost. Enter here.