Welcome back! We’ve had a happy and healthy start to life in Y6 and Mrs Russell and I are proud of how everybody has coped not yet being in the classroom.
Here’s some important info about this year:
- P.E. days are Mondays and Fridays (come to school in your P.E. kit on these days)
- Please come to school in the correct P.E. kit and correct uniform on non P.E. days – see our policy here if you’re unsure!
- Homework – every Friday your child will come home with a ‘Talk Time’ homework. This will be reviewed the following Friday.
- Spelling – every Friday your child will come home with a list of spellings from that week’s learning. These will be tested the following Friday.
- Reading – every Friday your child will come home with an activity to complete in their reading records. Sign underneath and leave a comment or question about your child’s reading! These will be reviewed in our Book Club session the following Friday. Reading every day is super important! This could be a book, magazine, recipe book, a synopsis on the TV guide… anything! Top tip: put the subtitles on while watching TV!
- Times Tables – every Friday your child will come home with a times tables target. Practise in short (but often) chunks of about 10-15 minutes per day! This could be on TTRS or your own method! These will be tested every Friday. Be prepared for related facts, too! E.g. if 4×6=24 then 40×6=240. Some weeks, we’ll have a TTRS battle against other classes so look out for these!
If you’ve any questions, comments or concerns, then please find me for a chat after school!
Keep up with the hard work Y6!