In this week’s L&L session, we learnt about the importance of sleep.
It’s recommended that at 10 years of age, you get 10 hours of sleep per night to reap the following benefits:
1. Concentration – increased concentration on tasks throughout the day
2. Health – you’ll feel fuller thus making it easier to maintain a healthy weight
3. Decision making – more decisive decision making
4. Memory – short term memory is transferred into long term memory
5. Mood – a better mood and less irritable
6. Repair – body’s muscles, organs and tissues are repaired during sleep
Well done, Gurvar, who received this week’s L&L certificate!
Help at home: establish a clear, structured nighttime routine with your child to ensure they get the recommended amount of sleep each night. This will help their social, mental, emotional and physical health!