Our website and Twitter page are the best places to find up-to-date information about whether we are closed.
We also use ParentMail, but mobile networks are sometimes jammed because of overuse – this is happening at the moment due to so much demand on the networks between 06:30 and 09:00. We’re sorry texts haven’t got through recently – it’s out of our control.
We are usually available to take telephone enquiries from around 07:30. However, there’s a heavy demand and you may struggle to get through.
Follow us on Twitter or check the blue Twitter box on the homepage of this website. This information is prompt and accurate. We are one of the few schools in the country able to provide such up-to-the-minute information.
If you’re on Vodafone, O2, Orange or 3 you can also receive our tweets by text message. Here’s how:
First, set up your mobile:
- Sign up for an account with Twitter if you don’t already have one.
- Text the word START to 86444.
- You’ll receive a text from Twitter. Reply to this text with your Twitter username.
- You’ll receive another text from Twitter. Reply with your Twitter password.
- You’ll receive another text from Twitter. Reply with the word OK.
- You’ll receive a final text from Twitter confirming your phone is set up.
Next, set up your Twitter account:
- Go to your ‘settings’ on Twitter (top right hand corner of the page)
- Next, click on ‘Mobile’
- Set ‘Device Updates’ to ON and click Save. You can also decide to turn off these text messages overnight, but remember that we’ll tweet really important information as early as we can, so it might be best to leave them turned on at all times.
- Now go to our Twitter page (twitter.com/moortownprimary). Make sure you are following us (click on the ‘Follow’ button if you’re not already) and then click on the Mobile button to start to receive texts from us. When the icon is green, you are receiving our tweets by text. To turn them off click again and the icon will turn grey.