Parents / carers of Reception 2011 children:
Thank you to those parents and carers who attended one of our two Open Mornings. If you didn’t attend and would like to visit, you’re very welcome to arrange a one-to-one visit – we’re always happy to show people around our happy and healthy learning community. The Headteacher, Mr Roundtree, or another member of staff will make sure all your questions are answered. Contact us to make an appointment.
In addition, the Admissions Team are running drop-in sessions for parents / carers applying for their Reception place. You can go along with questions and ask for advice. No appointment is necessary – call 0113 2475560 for details.
Parents / carers of children currently in Year 6, starting at secondary school in 2011:
By now, you will have visited secondary schools and made your choice about where your child goes after their time at Moortown Primary. The deadline for application is 31 October 2010.
When applying for a place at primary or secondary, there are a few important points to remember:
- Applying online is the quickest, easiest and safest way to apply – use the Education Leeds website to support you. You can apply online for primary schools between 1 November 2010 and 15 January 2011. (If your child is currently at Moortown Primary and you’re applying for secondary schools, the same procress applies but the deadline is 31 October 2010.)
- It’s important to apply on time for your preferences to be considered.
- Even with older brothers or sisters at the school of your choice, you must still apply.
- You should put the school you most want as your first choice.
- You should consider putting down your nearest school, even if it is your third preference. If you don’t, you may be allocated a school out of your area.
- You must use your home address; any offers made will be withdrawn if it’s later shown that a false address was used.
Please get in touch if there’s anything you’d like to ask us about our school and what we can offer you and your child.