Thank you to all parents and carers who have made such positive comments about our recent Health Week.
Our Health group (pupils) met this week with some great examples of how Health Week has enabled them to make even healthier choices. Some of the comments from the meeting include:
- “I’ll eat more fruit now.” Bailey, Year 1
- “I’ll keep doing more exercise at home.” Zakir, Year 2
- “I will try to do more sport and exercise at home rather than watching the TV.” Arjun, Year 3
- “I am going to ride my bike more at home.” Amit, Year 3
- “I’ve asked my mum if we can get a blender to make our own smoothies at home.” Bethany, Year 3
- “After using the trampolines at Allerton Grange I am going to use my own more at home.” Connor, Year 4
- “I eat more fruit now including mango which I hadn’t tried before.” Connor, Year 4
- “I enjoy Family Fridays where I spend more time with my family doing exercise.” Ebony, Year 4
- “I am going to cut down the number of unhealthy snacks I have.” Ajay, Year 5
Following the introduction of our Packed Lunch Guidance, a number of children are already trying ways to make their lunch healthier:
- “My mum has suggested that I only bring crisps on Mondays as a treat, instead of every day, and I am going to try this.” Amit, Year 3
- “Following the Health Group meeting for parents, about packed lunches, I now send a chocolate biscuit once a week rather than every day and my children see it more like a treat.” Parent
- “I’ve stopped bringing a Fruit Shoot with my packed lunch as I have the water on the table instead.” Husna, Year 4
We would love to hear more Health Week feedback.