Our Year 6 forums will start next week. I spoke to the older members of our School Council about some guidelines that our pupils should follow so that they can communicate effectively but quickly. We agreed that the forums should be a balance of expressing opinions, demonstrating learning and asking questions, but also representing our school and our high standards.
Here are the guidelines that our councillors came up with:
- We will use positive language (just like everywhere at Moortown Primary).
- We will use capitals and full stops.
- We will try to spell all words correctly, but know that one or two words might be typos (accidental errors when we use a keyboard) and some words might be hard to spell but we still want to use (‘wow words’, for example).
- We will not use text speak (we know this is better for informal communications).
- We know that our teacher might choose not to publish a post that has too many errors, or might choose to correct these.
Thank you to Sally, Chanda, Rene and Aqsa for setting these guidelines.