Your homework this week is CREATIVE and is due in on Wednesday 9 February 2011.
I can invent and make a page of a study book to show people how to write a great set of instructions.
I can invent a page of an important bits book to show people how to interpret pie charts.
Think of the following:
- How the page should look so it looks like a study book or important bits book.
- How you are going to make it creative and interesting to read.
- What information will you include to help your reader learn about instructions or pie charts?
- What tips will you give to your reader?
- If you’re producing information about instructions, don’t forget to mention key features: imperative verbs, connectives that help to give order, numbers, and handy hints.
- If you’re producing information about pie chats don’t forget to mention the learning steps children need to take: look at the number of sections, how many people in total, and fractions for each section.