I’d like to congratulate Year Four on a great year – the children have worked extremely hard. Throughout the year, I have seen a noticeable improvement in many of the children’s behaviour and attitude to learning. Some of the children have been exceptional from start to finish too which has paid off in their learning.
I’d like to say an extra well done in literacy to Sami and Lili who have both made double the amount of expected progress in a year! In maths, Lili, Rishitha, Faizaan, Meva, and Nevan have made great progress. A big well done to Grace, Henry, Max and Nevan who have also made brilliant progress in reading.
Some of my highlights of the year include:
- Swimming (especially the fun session!)
- The production at Easter
- The effort that the children put into both their class assemblies
- Working at the North East City Learning Centre to produce news reports
- Guided reading sessions (excellent discussions and thought-provoking questions from the children)
- Literacy lessons and the children’s enthusiasm to improve – particularly in The Labyrinth story writing unit.
- Mental maths – improved speed!
- The quality of artwork produced – I see some future artists!
Thank you to Mrs Bald, Mrs Edwards and Mrs Freeman for the invaluable support that they have provided this year also.
I wish all of the children a fun and successful year with Mr Owen in Year Five!