Wow. That went quickly!
I can’t believe where the time has gone. It has been an absolutely brilliant year. The children have shown such an enthusiastic and mature attitude to their learning this year. They are a fun and caring bunch who always want to do their best. I couldn’t have asked for a better class in my first year at Moortown.
The children have all made good progress this year, but I’d like to single out a few people who have made exceptional progress. Jaspreet, Archie and Loraine stand out for the progress that they’ve made in writing. Amit and Sami have made brilliant progress in reading and Bevan and Harry Boulton have both made super progress in maths.
Every week I looked forward to marking the homework books. There are a few children who deserve a special mention for their brilliant and creative efforts this year: Jake, Harry B, Tom, Sara and Koujiro. Well done.
There have been countless highlights this year so I’ll just mention a few:
- The improvement in Neyah’s writing has been great and it has been fantastic to watch her grow in confidence.
- The visit to the National Railway Museum was a great trip and all the children really enjoyed it. None more so than Zaki, who revelled in giving me my own personal guided tour!
- The street dance performances that some of the class were involved in were really impressive. Much respect goes to Sami, who was the only boy in the group.
- We made alien hand puppets in DT during our space topic and it was great to see most of the children enjoying it although there were one or two who got into a bit of a mess – you know who you are!
- Harry Boulton and Zaki Qurayshi were great androids in the production – Harry’s android walk was a highlight!
- We’ve had some really interesting show and tell items this year. My favourite was when Yasmin brought in the shed skin of her brother’s snake!
- The blissful silence in the space dome!
- Holly nearly taking my head off with a fierce rounders shot!
Have a fantastic summer and a great year with Mr Redfearn in Year 4.