Your homework this week is Practice Makes Perfect.
I can use ‘add-ins’.
Your task is to create ten different sentences each with an add in.
In class, we are working on using ‘add ins’; these can be openers, middlers or enders.
- Silently, the thief approached the house.
- Panting wildly, Mark ran into the safety of the cave.
You could also use a connective opener (Later on, Because of this,) or a preposition opener (Under the chair, Further down the road,).
- Sean, who lives in Leeds, likes chips.
- The dragon, breathing fire, stalked the princess.
- We couldn’t do wake up shake up because it was raining.
- The girls skipped along without a care in the world.