We’ve started a story unit based on Willy the Chimp. There will be lots of drama involved as a stimulus for the children’s writing. The children’s reading in Year 2 is coming on brilliantly. Remember to keep checking your child’s understanding of what they are reading. Here are some tips to help you:
- Find the word/phrase that tells me that…
- How is the character feeling on page _? How do you know?
- What is the problem in the story? How do you think it will be solved?
- Why are there words in bold/capitals/italics?
- Think of 3 adjectives to describe your favourite character in the story.
- Was there a meaning/moral to the story?