The museums and galleries of Leeds have got plenty to keep families entertained this October.
Leeds Discovery Museum
- Investigating Masks, Wednesday 29 October, 10am – 12pm
- Investigate real Asian masks from the World Cultures collection. Discover the history and stories behind them and design your own.
- Spooky Scarecrow Trail, Friday 24 October – Sunday 2 November, 11am – 3pm
- Back and better than ever… beware: we aim to scare! Follow the clues around Lotherton Hall and see the spooky scarecrows on display. Don’t forget to visit the Witches’ Cottage! Plus five Days of Spooky Fun from Mon 27 – Fri 31 Oct, 11am – 3pm.
Abbey House Museum
- Spooky Murder Mystery, Thursday 30 October, 10am – 12pm & 2pm – 4pm, Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 November, 2pm – 4pm
- There has been another murder in our Victorian Streets. Follow the clues and see if you can discover the murderer. Suitable for families with older children.
Leeds Industrial Museum
- Halloween Family Fun Day, Sunday 26 October, 1pm – 4pm
- Join us for storytelling and face painting and see the amazing camera obscura bringing the outside to life.
Leeds City Museum
- Sparkly, Clay Diwali Lamps! Tuesday 28 & Wednesday 29 October, 10am – 12pm & 2pm – 4pm
- Mould, squidge and shape a lamp from clay, then adorn it with sparkles and colours. Join us to light up the museum with colours for Diwali.
- Fairy Creatures Scarecrow Hunt, Tuesday 28 October – Sunday 1 November, 10am – 3pm
- Hunt around the abbey for our scarecrows inspired by fairy creatures. There will be good fairies and bad fairies, goblins and elves.
- Spooky Spooktacular, Friday 31 October, 5pm – 8pm, Adult £7, Child £4, Family £20, booking essential
- Bring your little ghosts and ghouls to trick or treat through the darkened house and farm. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Leeds Art Gallery
- Creatures of a New World in Artspace, Monday 27, Tuesday 28, Thursday 30, Friday 31 October, 11am – 4pm
- Taking inspiration from the latest exhibition, Shezad Dawood’s ‘Towards the Possible Film’, sci-fi creatures appear in Artspace, will they need to live happily in our land?Join our artist-in-resident Karen Babayan to find out.
- Scary Skeletons, Thursday 30 October, 11am – 3pm
- Make your own scary skeleton Halloween decoration complete with flashing eyes.