Yet another half term has passed and what a busy one it has been!
Year 4 has been full of learning with lots of fun along the way. Here are some of the highlights from the past few weeks.
In English, we have been planning and writing our own descriptive settings. The standard of writing has greatly improved across the class. Children who have previously found writing quite a challenge were inspired and motivated by the creative way in which we prepared our work.
- “Gazing through the gaps in the leafless trees, shafts of sunlight hurt my eyes.”
- “As I stumbled along the narrow, rocky path, a tiny, yellow bird fluttered past me.”
- “Raging like a lion, water cascaded down the battered rocks and into the deep,blue pond below.”
Our new topic, ‘Natural Disasters’, is proving to be a popular one. The children have so far learnt about the Earth’s layers, volcanoes and the impact they can have on an environment. Our recent trip to Magna was a big success and full of fascinating facts. We even got to see a ‘fire tornado’! Some children have managed to carry their descriptive writing in topic lessons: “Boiling, hot lava charged down the rocky sides of the volcano like soldiers running into battle.”
Safety Week was jam-packed with activities and visitors: Dogs Trust, E-Safety workshop, safety awareness in various settings and bike safety to name but a few. There are a few photos below.
Here are some recent quotes from the children:
- “I love our ‘Reading For Pleasure’ sessions. They are so calm and we can just enjoy reading.”
- “I love school. It’s great fun with all the teachers.”
- “Playtime is great because lots of people play with me.”
- “My favourite subject is Art. I like being creative. Also, I like our SEAL sessions as they are calm and you can share your emotions.”
- “I like writing and you can get some really good ideas from other people.”
Below are a selection of photos from the last half term. Take a look.
Enjoy the half term break and we look forward to seeing you all for the final term of Year 4!