Reading in Chapel Allerton

Saturday 09 December 2017

‘I respect my communities and other communities,’ has been the focus of our Living and Learning sessions this week.  In class, the children discussed what the community means to them. They were given the start of a sentence and were then asked to complete it, making sure they included reasons for their ideas.

My community is important to me because …….

I know that different religions are celebrated in my community because……

I think that our community is………

We would like to see more ………………

I show respect to my community and others by …………

Moortown community is ………………….

Some of the children walked down to the Chapel Allerton community to visit a new children’s bookshop.

Set in the heart of Chapel Allerton, The Little Bookshop is Leeds’ only independent children’s bookshop. Opening its doors in October 2017, The Little Bookshop is a place to explore literature and illustration with your child. With regular story times, author events and a cafe serving up fresh and wholesome food we hope you’ll have an experience in the shop that embodies the joy of reading for your family. 

As well as visiting another local community, the children were able to enjoy what the bookshop had to offer and enrich their love for reading. The children enjoyed selecting some books that were linked to our next big topic – Life.

It was great to see those children then sharing the books they had returned with, with the rest of the class.

If you are ever stuck for something to do, then why not pay a visit to  ‘The Little Bookshop.’

Coffee and cake available too!