This week, our Talk Time is in preparation for Safer Internet Day on Tuesday 07 February. We’ll have a full day of learning based around internet safety. With that in mind, start to think about ways you already keep yourself safe when online.
I can talk about ways to keep myself safe online
Things you might like to consider are:
- Age restrictions – where might you see these and why are these used?
- Digital content – do you know what a digital footprint is?
- Mis information, disinformation and hoaxes – are all things we read true?
- Fake websites and scam emails – are all websites trusted?
- Password safety
- Personal data and keeping it safe online
- Online vs offline behaviour
- Impact on quality of life and having a balance of online and offline activities
Have a conversation with your family and friends about how you already keep yourself safe online. After your conversation, take some time to reflect on yours and others responses. Is there anything that you could change or do differently to help keep yourself even safer online? Is there anything you’d like to know more about?