This week’s Talk Time has a reading and oracy theme. This is because on Thursday 02 March 2023 it is World Book Day. To celebrate reading, we’d like you to have some conversations about your favourite books and or/authors.
I can talk about my favourite book and/or author.
You can come up with your own ideas for how to show this. Ideas might include:
- giving a verbal book review of your favourite book
- describing a character from your favourite book
- giving a one minute speech on your favourite book, persuading others to read it – consider what the most exciting parts are, which characters you love or you love to hate, who might enjoy reading it next and why
When you’re happy with what you want to say, turn your attention to speaking aloud with confidence and clarity. This week’s Remember 2s (R2s) will help with that:
- Speak clearly in a loud voice without shouting.
- Pause for breath at the right places to make sure your speaking at an appropriate pace.
- Face your audience.
This homework will be celebrated on World Book Day itself, Thursday 02 March 2023.