06 January 2012
This week’s homework is creative. It’s due in on Wednesday 11 January 2012.
I can find different materials around the house.
Remember, all objects are made of a type of material (wood, glass, pottery, metal).
09 December 2011
The homework this week is talk time and is due in on Wednesday 14 December.
I know what Christmas means to different people.
We want you to have a discussion at home about what Christmas means to different people. Try to think of lots of different people and what they do at Christmas time.
02 December 2011
This week’s homework is Practice Makes Perfect – to complete an addition worksheet.
You will find the worksheet in your child’s homework book.
This homework is due on Wednesday 7th December.
25 November 2011
This week homework is Practice Makes Perfect.
We’ve been learning how to find graphemes in words. We need a little more practice to make the learning secure.
All information needed to complete the activity is on the sheet that has been given to the children.
Homework is due in on Wednesday 30 November.
18 November 2011
Your homework this week is creative and is due in on Wednesday 23 November.
I can show what I learnt at the Eureka Museum.
Produce a piece of work showing what you learnt on your trip to the museum.
This piece of work could be:
- A few sentences
- A picture
- Annotated drawings
- A list of facts
- A poster
- Another idea, even more creative!
Remember, homework should stick to one page of the Homework Book, but the page can be extended with flaps, pull out sections or some other creative way.
11 November 2011
This week’s homework is Talk Time. It’s due on Wednesday 16 November.
My favourite story / fairy story is…
Talk Time homework doesn’t need lots of evidence in the homework books; sometimes, just a comment from an adult to say you’ve discussed it is enough.
Here are some tips:
- Ask other family members to give their opinions and to use the ‘because’ word.
- Ask your child his / her opinion and ask them to use the ‘because’ word.
- Link the topic back to something you remember from when you were a child and say why things may be different now.
04 November 2011
The homework this week is Practice Makes Perfect and is due in on Wednesday 09 November.
I can read and write numbers in figures and words.
Read through the sheet with your child. Then allow him / her to complete it as best they can.
It’s the holiday…
…so there are no homework or spellings.
However, there are lots of ways you can support you child’s learning, first and foremost by visiting our Help Your Child section.
There are lots of things to do in or near Leeds, from geo-caching on Monday to a spooky Halloween walk on Sunday. Here are a few other ideas to fill the October half-term holiday with activities…
- take your child for an autumnal walk in Roundhay Park to collect chestnuts for a game of conkers or autumn leaves for an autumn collage;
- on a cold, autumn day, stay indoors and spend time baking (What unit of measurement will we use to weigh? If we want to make twice as much, how much will we need? When will the food be ready?);
- take a trip to Leeds Art Gallery – the Damien Hirst exhibition should prove a great opportunity for lots of discussion, description and possibly disagreement!
- and, as always, enjoy some relaxing reading (why not read some Tintin stories from a local library in preparation for the forthcoming film?)
School re-opens on Tuesday 01 November 2011 (following a training day on Monday 31 October 2011).
14 October 2011
This week’s homework is creative.
I know about the body.
We have started our new topic Doctor! Doctor!
What do the children know? Your child could produce a:
- draw a picture
- write some sentences
- label a part of the body
- do some research
Please don’t feel you have to stick to these if you have something even more creative!
This homework is due on Wednesday 19 October. As always, the BBC website is a useful learning tool.
07 October 2011
Your homework this week is Practice Makes Perfect.
The children are working hard on their letter formation. In their homework book is an activity sheet for them to complete.
This homework is due on Wednesday 12 October.